Main Focus Action Plan – Criw Chwaraeon
The NHS recommend that children between the age of 5-18 should complete one hour of exercise a day this takes many forms and can be achieved by walking to school and taking part in playground activities.
Within Ysgol Talhaiarn we have a group of pupils who aim to promote the importance of keeping active. During playtimes our Criw Chwaraeon provide activities taking into account the views and ideas of the other children. Criw Chwaraeon have previously participated in training provided by Conwy County in order to enhance their ability to provide new and exciting ideas at school. As a school we have a block of swimming sessions every year that all full-time pupils attend. We also have Conwy sports run bike proficiency testing for years 5 and 6.
- The introduction of ‘Clwb dal i fynd’, a club to get children moving at playtime by running laps of the yard.
- To acquire a bike shelter so that children cycling to school can store their bikes safely.
- To get in outside agencies into run sports clubs or introduce new sports.
- Dosbarth Barrog have begun to log the number of laps they are able to complete in a set amount of time and are trying hard to improve this amount. We still need to get the Foundation Phase classes involved.
- Still in the planning process.
- In previous years we have had visits from Clwb Rygbi Abergele and had sports sessions ran by the Urdd, however, due to the current pandemic we have been unable to do this.